BIA Annual General Meeting 2021
Notice of Annual General Meeting AND Election of Directors
The BIA’s 2021 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually from 4.30pm to 5.15pm on Tuesday 19 October 2021 at which the following business will be transacted:
1. That the individuals selected to be Corporate members of the Board by the members pursuant to the ballot be appointed as Corporate members of the Board.
2. That the individual selected to be an Other* member of the Board by the members pursuant to the ballot be appointed an Other member of the Board.
3. To receive and adopt the summary financial statements for the Association for the year ended 31 December 2020.
4. To reappoint Armstrong Watson as Auditors of the Association and to authorise the Board to determine their remuneration.
(*Other members are defined as Associate or Network members)
With regard to the election to the BIA Board, a number of directors have stepped down, or are retiring by rotation or have indicated that they do not wish to stand for re-election. As a result, there are four vacancies for Corporate members of the Board and one for Other members.
There are five candidates standing for election to the Board as Corporate members and five candidates standing for election to the Board as Other members, so a ballot is necessary. Members are asked to approve the appointment or re-appointment (as applicable) of the candidates selected pursuant to the ballot.
Profiles of all the candidates can be found here. Please adhere to the instructions carefully so that your vote counts and your vote must reach the BIA by 12.00pm on 18 October.
The candidates who will be put forward for formal election will be announced at the AGM. (Please remember that only one Ballot Paper may be completed by each member organisation, and that only fully paid up Corporate, Associate and Network members are entitled to vote.)
Should you wish to appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf at this AGM, you may use the downloadable Proxy Form below, or do this online. Please read the notes printed on the form which will assist you in completing and returning the form. You may still attend and vote at the AGM if you have appointed a proxy, but in such circumstances your proxy will not be entitled to vote. Your Proxy Form should reach the BIA by 12.00pm on 18 October.
You may register your ballot paper and/or Proxy Form by one of the following means:
- You may vote online via:
- You may submit your Proxy Form online via:
If you have any queries about the AGM please email the Company Secretary, Nick Gardiner email@example.com