The Engineering Biology Advisory Committee (EBAC) is composed of industry experts in engineering/synthetic biology and provides a forum for BIA members to discuss and keep abreast of the key issues associated with the rapidly increasing pace with which we can engineer biology.
- Represent the engineering biology sector at BIA and external events, e.g. Bioscience Forum, SynBioBeta, iGEM and SynbiTECH
- Continue to attract new committee members by promoting the breadth and depth of the sector
- Coordinate activities with the Synthetic Biology Leadership Council, SynbiCITE, research centres and wider community
- Host networking drinks
- Support BIA lobbying activities, including Parliament Day, engagement on relevant Industrial Strategies, the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and wider UKRI engagement around the 2019 Spending Review
- Increase investor engagement with UK engineering biology, e.g. at BIA’s CEO & Investor Forum, Strategic Technologies showcase and similar events
- Promote sector through Parliamentary roundtable around the BIA Eng Bio Explainer
Committee Chair: Tim Brears, CEO, Evonetix
For more information please contact Eric Johnsson, Policy and Public Affairs Manager
Algenuity is a UK algal biotech company that builds foundational and enabling technologies to support the emerging algal biotechnology industry.
Centre for Process Innovation
The Centre for Process Innovation is a UK-based technology innovation centre and part of the High Value Manufacturing Catapult.
Chain Biotechnology Ltd
Chain Biotech is a UK start-up company providing synthetic biology tools and underpinning services for the bioscience community.
Evonetix is developing a novel, highly disruptive approach to gene synthesis, the technology which underpins the rapidly growing field of synthetic biology.
GSK is a global pharmaceutical company dedicated to helping people feel better, do more and live longer.
Field Fisher Waterhouse is a European law firm providing commercial solutions across a range of industry sectors. We have a particular focus on companies that are highly regulated and those with intellectual property and technology driven business models.
Green Biologics Ltd
A leading industrial biotechnology company focused on the production of biobutanol and other C4 chemicals from a range of sustainable and renewable feedstocks.
Ingenza Ltd. is an industrial biotechnology company based in Roslin, Edinburgh, UK. The company has a broad customer base within the chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, feed and fuel industries where it applies its proprietary synthetic biology to manufacture industrial products.
Knowledge Transfer Network
LGC is an international science-based company and market leader in analytical, forensic, biotechnology, diagnostic and product services and reference standards.
National Physical Laboratory
Prokarium’s Vaxonella platform enables almost any protein vaccine to be delivered to and produced from within the body’s own immune cells.
SynbiCITE is a pioneering Innovation and Knowledge Centre (IKC) dedicated to promoting the adoption and use of synthetic biology by industry.
Global leaders in synthetic promoter construction for customised gene regulation and protein expression in all biotechnology applications.
Synthace is an applied synthetic biology company which bioengineers micro-organisms for the production of high value chemical products.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Touchlight Genetics Ltd
Touchlight Genetics is a UK based DNA technology company. We collaborate with leading research institutes to create new DNA therapeutics.
University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is a pioneering university. A place where world-leading research transforms lives and shapes the future.