The BIA’s Genomics Advisory Committee (GAC) ensures that the UK starts, scales and builds world-leading genomic businesses.
The Committee acts as a leadership platform for sharing and discussing issues of common concern between genomic businesses and provides expert advice to the BIA to collectively input to relevant policy discussions, especially with the UK government. Committee membership is open to BIA member companies working in –omics.
- Enable SME engagement with investors, funders, data holders, and big pharma to grow the UK genomics ecosystem
- Inform BIA’s work on UK’s diagnostics capability post COVID-19
- Support BIA’s lobbying activities, including Parliament Day and the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy
- Input into BIA consultation responses on relevant policy issues
- Inform the implementation of the Government’s genomics healthcare strategy
- Publish a report on UK genomics
- Secure and act as SME representation on UK National Genomics Board
- Work with government stakeholders, SMEs, big pharma and investors develop a proposal for a genomics-focused venture fund to support delivery of solutions that enable genomic medicine in the UK and globally
BIA GAC Members