The BIA’s Genomics Advisory Committee (GAC) ensures that the UK starts, scales and builds world leading genomic businesses. The Committee acts as a leadership platform for sharing and discussing issues of common concern between genomic businesses and provides expert advice to the BIA to collectively input to relevant policy discussions, especially with the UK government. Committee membership is open to BIA member companies working in –omics.
- Contribute to BIA events, including BIA activity at JP Morgan and a panel session at the 2018 UK Bioscience Forum
- Engage with Genomics England to inform their business model
- Keep a watching brief on international developments in genomics
Inform BIA policy work on:
- Implementation of the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy and the Sector Deal, specifically HARP (Health Advanced Research Programme);
- Data issues - implementation of the GDPR and the establishment of five national data hubs;
- Genomic medicine in the NHS – support SME representation on the National Genomics Board.
- Produce an explainer of the UK genomics industry
Committee Chair: Adrian Ibrahim Ph.D. MBA ARCS, Head of Technology Transfer and Business Development
Cambridge Cancer Genomics
CCG is a precision oncology company providing treatment monitoring for cancer patients to model tumour evolution and predict resistance and relapse.
Aiming to change the way medicine is practiced by reducing several routine and important diagnostic screening tests to a simple blood draw.
A global provider of clinical genomics software, enabling faster and more accurate diagnosis of inherited disease through its innovative Sapientia™ platform.
Eagle Genomics is a bioinformatics services and software company specialising in the provision of genome content management and delivering open-source solutions.
Genomics plc, based in Oxford and Cambridge, specialises in the analysis of complex genomics, genetic, and health data to transform the drug development industry and learn more about human biology.
Global Gene Corp
Innovate UK is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
LGC is an international science-based company and market leader in analytical, forensic, biotechnology, diagnostic and product services and reference standards.
Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
Oxford Nanopore makes Nanopore sensing devices designed to enable the analysis of any living thing, by any person, in any environment.
Transcrip Partners LLP
TranScrip Partners is a pharmaceutical development company offering a wide range of expertise in drug development and registration.
Wellcome Sanger Institute
The mission of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is to use genome sequences to improve human health by advancing understanding of the biology of humans and pathogens.