The BIA’s Genomics Advisory Committee (GAC) ensures that the UK starts, scales and builds world leading genomic businesses. The Committee acts as a leadership platform for sharing and discussing issues of common concern between genomic businesses and provides expert advice to the BIA to collectively input to relevant policy discussions, especially with the UK government. Committee membership is open to BIA member companies working in –omics.
- Engage with the broader UK genomics landscape and recruit more members
- Identify, share intel on and get involved in international opportunities to ensure GAC members’ interests are represented at a global level
- Continue to engage with Genomics England but also reach out to other large-scale projects, which GAC members may wish to support or become involved in
- Support BIA events – panel session at UK Bioscience Forum
- Input in to BIA consultation responses on relevant policy issues
- Support BIA engagement on the LSIS and Sector Deal – specifically around the delivery of Wave 2 and 3 of the ISCF, including the Digital Innovation Hubs
- Support plans to use the BIA’s Genomics Explainer’s to engage with key stakeholders
- Secure and act as SME representation on UK Genomics Board
Committee Chair: Adrian Ibrahim Ph.D. MBA ARCS, Head of Technology Transfer and Business Development
For more information contact Eric Johnsson, Senior Policy and Public Affairs Executive
Cambridge Cancer Genomics
CCG is a precision oncology company providing treatment monitoring for cancer patients to model tumour evolution and predict resistance and relapse.
Aiming to change the way medicine is practiced by reducing several routine and important diagnostic screening tests to a simple blood draw.
A global provider of clinical genomics software, enabling faster and more accurate diagnosis of inherited disease through its innovative Sapientia™ platform.
Eagle Genomics is a bioinformatics services and software company specialising in the provision of genome content management and delivering open-source solutions.
Genomics plc, based in Oxford and Cambridge, specialises in the analysis of complex genomics, genetic, and health data to transform the drug development industry and learn more about human biology.
Global Gene Corp
Innovate UK is part of UK Research and Innovation, a non-departmental public body funded by a grant-in-aid from the UK government.
LGC is an international science-based company and market leader in analytical, forensic, biotechnology, diagnostic and product services and reference standards.
Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
Oxford Nanopore makes Nanopore sensing devices designed to enable the analysis of any living thing, by any person, in any environment.
Transcrip Partners LLP
TranScrip Partners is a pharmaceutical development company offering a wide range of expertise in drug development and registration.
Wellcome Sanger Institute
The mission of the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is to use genome sequences to improve human health by advancing understanding of the biology of humans and pathogens.