BBSRC/NC3Rs joint call: development of next-generation non-animal technologies
BBSRC and NC3Rs are launching a £4 million call for applications focused on next-generation non-animal technologies in bioscience research. Through this call, we aim to enhance the capacity and confidence in alternatives to in vivo models, as well as supporting researchers to form collaborations with SMEs and industrial partners.
The NC3Rs has a long track record of supporting the development of non-animal technologies for a range of scientific purposes through research funding and its innovation programme CRACK IT Challenges.
The overall aim of this call from the BBSRC and NC3Rs is to support proposals that:
- Develop the next generation of non-animal technologies that mimic the physiological environment enabling a whole system/ multi-system approach for discovery and translational science.
- Enhance the capacity and confidence in non-animal technologies.
- Establish partnerships between academia, the SME sector, and industry.
Standard eligibility criteria apply. Applicants from eligible UK-based organisations are invited in accordance with standard UKRI practice.
Organisations normally eligible for UKRI funding include:
- Higher education institutions
- Eligible independent research organisations (IROs)
- Public sector research establishments
- UKRI-funded laboratories and facilities
Applications from organisations or individuals that are not eligible will be not be considered by the assessment panel.
How to apply
The call will open on 23 June 2022. Proposals should be submitted via Je-S. Guidance for applicants will be published in early June. The deadline for submitting an application is 8 September 2022.-