Biomedical Catalyst 2022 Round 2: Industry-led R&D
UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of up to £25 million to develop innovative solutions to health and healthcare challenges. This funding is from Innovate UK.
- Competition opens: Monday 15 August 2022
- Competition closes: Wednesday 12 October 2022 11:00am
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation is to invest up to £25 million in projects to support UK registered businesses to develop innovative solutions to address significant health or healthcare challenges.
Your project can focus on:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
- transforming the delivery of healthcare
Your project must:
- have total project costs between £150,000 and £4 million
- not exceed a grant request of £2 million
- have at least 50% of the total project costs shared by the SMEs, if collaborative
- start by 1 May 2023
- end by 30 April 2026
- last between 6 months and 36 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
The Industry led research and development (R&D) stream of the Biomedical Catalyst programme supports pre-market R&D projects. Applicants must be able to demonstrate existing evidence of commercial and technical feasibility.
Applications must show how they will improve the competitiveness and productivity of at least one UK SME involved in the project.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.
Your project’s total costs must be between £150,000 and £4 million. The total grant cannot exceed £2 million.
Free to apply