Early Cancer Diagnosis Clinical Validation & Evaluation Call Briefing
The NIHR i4i Programme, in collaboration with the Office for Life Sciences (OLS), invites applications to the Cancer Mission: Early Cancer Diagnosis Clinical Validation and Evaluation Call.
The aim of the call is to support the clinical validation and evaluation of breakthrough technologies that can increase the proportion of cancers which are detected earlier in the disease course and/or target health inequalities in stage of cancer diagnosis. Funding will be deployed to facilitate the generation of evidence on safety, test performance characteristics, clinical efficacy and/or effectiveness that can support regulatory approvals requirements and subsequent clinical implementation or implementation research. Applications that address health inequalities in early cancer diagnosis are particularly welcomed.
This event will provide an opportunity to find out more about the Competition, hear about the healthcare challenges from clinical experts in the sector, understand more about the application process and find out how existing NIHR Infrastructure (e.g., MedTech and In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operatives - MICs and Research Support Services - RSSs) can provide support and ask questions. The day will feature presentations by:
- A leading Clinician in the field;
- Supporting organisations
- The i4i team;
The key aims of the Briefing Webinar are to:
- Introduce the Invention for Innovation (i4i) programme, and aims of this competition
- Explain in more detail what challenges in healthcare the call is aiming to address, and provide a clearer view of the type of innovations encouraged to apply
- Understand the support available for potential applicants
- Allow applicants to ask questions to presenters