Funding competition: Advancing precision medicine
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £20 million over two rounds of this competition. The competition will fund projects focusing on developing digital and data-enabled tools as well as multi-modal approaches.
- Competition opens: Monday 16 January 2023
- Competition closes: Wednesday 8 March 2023 11:00am
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £20 million, over two rounds of this competition, in industry-led collaborative R&D innovation projects. The competition will fund projects aiming to develop digital and data-enabled tools as well as multi-modal approaches for more accurate diagnosis and treatment stratification.
The aim of this competition is to award innovation projects that focus on novel digital and data-enabled tools to:
- more accurately diagnose conditions and stratify patients to the most appropriate treatments
- increase the application of integrated and multi-modal approaches to determine risk and diagnosis and to predict prognostic outcomes
Your proposal must demonstrate how it addresses an unmet clinical need or responds to NHS demand signalling.
This is round 1 of a 2 round competition:
- Round 1: a focus on musculoskeletal and cardiovascular disease, and other chronic conditions excluding oncology (this round)
- Round 2: a focus on oncology, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular disease, and other chronic conditions
Round 2 is anticipated to open May 2023.