Funding competition: FASST Collaborative R+D - up to £5 million
UK registered organisations can apply for a share of up to £5 million to support the development and implementation of flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies for medicines development and manufacture.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £5 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to encourage the development and adoption of flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies (FASST) for the development and manufacture of medicines.
These technologies are expected to support enhanced manufacturing processes, with significant and measurable improvements to resource efficiency, or productivity of pharmaceutical processes. Benefits should include reduced time-to-market for new products and increased patient access to medicines.
Your proposal must show how your project will improve the productivity, competitiveness and growth for at least one UK micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) involved in the project.
Your proposal must deliver the following benefits:
- drive economic recovery and levelling up by supporting job creation, skills development and inward investment in medicines manufacturing
- drive health security and patient benefit whilst demonstrating improved productivity and reduced time to market
- de-risk the use of transformative flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies in medicine manufacturing
- address net zero and sustainability goals showing how flexible, agile, scalable and sustainable technologies can improve resource and energy efficiency
- support equality, diversity and inclusion via project initiatives and project outcomes
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process.This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.