Funding competition: Medicines manufacturing skills - Centre of Excellence
UK registered organisations can apply for up to £5.3 million to establish and coordinate a skills centre of excellence (CoE) to tackle the skills gaps of the medicines manufacturing sector.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will work on behalf of the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology (DSIT) to invest up to £5.3 million to establish a skills centre of excellence (CoE).
The aim of this competition is to strengthen the UK's medicines manufacturing skills and training ecosystem and increase the flow and retention of talent needed by the sector to grow.
This will be achieved by establishing a centre of excellence (CoE) to coordinate and work with the medicines manufacturing skills and training community to deliver appropriate training and skills provisions.
Your proposal must clearly demonstrate how the CoE will:
- coordinate the end-to-end talent pipeline to address multiple medicines manufacturing skills barriers and deliver sustainable training provision
- fill key gaps in the UK’s workforce talent and training capabilities
- support micro, small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- work with and enable the existing skills and training marketplace
- build awareness of careers in medicines manufacturing
- take a national approach by joining up skills and training activity in medicines manufacturing and sharing best practice
- be maintained after the period of funding with a sustainable and financially viable business model
- have an active leadership role in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) for medicines manufacturing skills
- align with The Life Sciences Vision (2021)
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process.This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated.