Future Leaders Fellowships: round 7
Future Leaders Fellowships (FLF) support talented people in universities, businesses, and other research and innovation environments. They also allow universities and businesses to develop their most talented early career researchers and innovators or to attract new people to their organisations, including from overseas.
You could apply for funding over four years both to tackle ambitious and challenging research and innovation and to develop your career.
Funding can be extended for up to a further three years to support long-term focus on a particular area of research or innovation and continued career development.
The aim of the scheme is to develop the next wave of world-class research and innovation leaders in academia and business. It is also open to international applicants looking to take up a role at a UK-based organisation.
You can receive funding for work in all research and innovation areas supported by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
This scheme is for early career researchers and innovators who are either:
- looking to establish or transition to independence
- developing their own original and ambitious plans within a commercial setting.
You must be based at, and have the support of, an eligible academic or non-academic organisation (including businesses).
There is no minimum or maximum award value.
Your project can last for up to four years, with the option to apply to renew for a further three years.
- 13 September 2022: Full application opening date
- 18 October 2022 16:00: Outline application closing date
- 6 December 2022 16:00: Full application closing date
- 16 May 2023 to 31 May 2023: Set period for principal investigator to respond to comments. There are 10 working days to respond.
- Week commencing 10 July 2023: Shortlisting meetings
- Week commencing 11 September 2023: Interview panels
- October 2023: Decisions communicated
- 31 March 2024: Latest start date for awards
How to apply
See the latest open opportunity: Future Leaders Fellowships round 7, for information on applying.
For more information, please email: [email protected]