Investing in Women Scientists: Global Perspectives panel discussion
A free on-line panel discussion and Q&A, organised in collaboration with WEgate Summit 2022 on Thursday 6th October between 18:00-19.00 Central European Time (or 17.00-18.00 for those joining from the UK).
As part of the 2021 WEgate Summit we held a panel discussion on Scientists and Entrepreneurs: Women Tackling Global Challenges.
That discussion highlighted that gender bias in accessing investments is a major barrier for women scientists to develop and grow their spinouts and start-up companies.
This year's WEgate Summit panel discussion brings together women investors who are leading change across the globe to support women entrepreneurs. This debate will focus on solutions and sharing good practice to tackle investment gender bias.
- Gabriela Kostovska Bogoeska, Co-Founder and Executive Director at the Foundation for Management and Industrial Research, WEgate Community Coordinator
- Professor Lynne Cadenhead, Entrepreneur, Investor, Women Enterprise Scotland
- Anne Ravanona, Founder and CEO Global Invest Her
- Jenny Tooth OBE, Executive Chair at UK Business Angels Association
- Kris Vulgan, GP Ferocity Capital, Executive in Residence Columbia Technology Ventures
- The panel discussion and Q&A session will be chaired by Simonetta Manfredi, Professor of Equality and Diversity Management and Director of Research, Innovation and Enterprise at Oxford Brookes University.
Free to attend