Needle free medicines delivery technologies: Feasibility studies
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £1 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to fund feasibility studies investigating technologies enabling needle free administration of medicines. These include the development of novel formulation approaches and manufacturing technologies for the dosage form applicable to therapeutics, including complex medicines and vaccines.
Your proposal must show how your project will improve the productivity, competitiveness and growth for at least one UK micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) involved in the project.
Your proposal must deliver the following benefits:
- drive economic recovery and levelling up by supporting job creation, skills development and inward investment in medicines manufacturing
- drive health security and patient benefit whilst demonstrating improved productivity and reduced time to market
- de-risk the development of needle free delivery technologies in medicine manufacturing
- support equality, diversity and inclusion via project initiatives and project outcomes
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process.
Your project must:
- have a total grant funding request between £50,000 and £100,000
- last between 6 and 12 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- start by 1 July 2024
- end by 30 June 2025
- 3 January 2024: Competition opens
- 5 January 2024: Online briefing event: watch the recording
- 14 February 2024: Competition closes 11am
- 2 April 2024: Applicants notified