Scientist/Senior Scientist - Antibody Engineering
The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic scientists to join us in developing our services, as we scale up to support our growing client base. We have a number of positions available within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest in biologics drug discovery. They will have working knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques and antibody display approaches used in discovery projects. They will support the delivery of client programmes and internal projects by performing phage display selections, sequence analysis and characterisation of antibodies. This is a full-time, lab-based role and it is expected that the successful candidate will perform work to a high standard under supervision of senior staff. They will have a proactive approach, be an exceptional team-worker and motivated to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
• Application of molecular biology techniques for building of antibody libraries and construct design.
• Conducting selections using in vitro (phage/yeast) display technologies.
• Analysis of antibody sequences to enable lead selection and decision making.
• Developing and running antibody characterisation assays in ELISA and homogenous assay formats (e.g. TR-FRET).
• Protein analysis using methods such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and SEC.
• Provision of cross-functional support for delivery of discovery campaigns
• Analysis and interpretation of experimental data.
• Maintenance of experimental records and delivery of high quality reports.
• PhD or equivalent laboratory-based experience, with a minimum of 1 year working in biologics drug discovery within the pharmaceutical /biotechnology industry.
• Excellent molecular biology skills (PCR, cloning, mutagenesis and sequence analysis).
• Working understanding of antibody display platforms, lead isolation and profiling in platebased assays.
• Ability to accurately interpret data and set up analysis workflows.
• Excellent organisational and planning skills, capable of delivering to tight deadlines.
• Enjoys and works effectively in a team environment.
• Proactive approach to resolving technical challenges.
• Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please include a cover letter outlining how you meet the competencies described above. Applicants should send their cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to email@example.com by 26th July 2021. Informal enquiries can also be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply, as this role does not qualify for international sponsorship.