Touchlight is focussed on the enzymatic synthesis of novel DNA formats. Through the Covid pandemic, this quiet revolution has been propelled into the spotlight with the scale-up and proof of concept of RNA and DNA based vaccines. In addition, the stellar growth in viral and non-viral cell and gene therapy discovery and development has accelerated the need for a better quality, faster and more robust DNA manufacturing technology.
Our CDMO and technology is built on the conviction that DNA is fundamental to the future of medicine.
By moving away from today's restrictive biological approaches, we have made DNA manufacturing simple. Our unique dbDNA™ (or "doggybone" DNA) vector is optimised for use in advanced genetic medicines, being safer and more efficacious than conventional plasmid DNA. The platform, based on enzymatic technology, enables DNA production at unprecedented scale, speed and purity.
We are leveraging our platform to enable the next generation of Genetic Medicines. Our CDMO Focus is on:
- Nucleic Acid Medicines (mRNA & DNA)
- ex-vivo & in-vivo cell and genetic medicines
- Gene therapy using viral vectors and gene editing
- Autologous & Allogenic cell therapy
Touchlight is currently seeking an experienced Scientist to join its Molecular Biology Team to genetically engineer the DNA starting material for dbDNA™. This is an exciting, fast-paced environment suited to initiative-taking individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary team. In addition to working at the forefront of DNA research in a dynamic biotech company, the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.
Your principal role will be to genetically engineer plasmid DNA starting material using creative and effective strategies that sits in line with clients’ needs but also allowing the best attributes of the downstream process to be harnessed.
Skills and Experience
- Applicants should have a degree level qualification in molecular biology with a minimum of two years of industrial experience in a molecular biology related discipline.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in cloning DNA including but not limited to generating own strategies, creating theoretical sequence maps, primer design, PCR, bacterial transformation, and amplification.
- Strong experience with DNA purification techniques at varying scales, using kits and/ or self-packed hardware is highly desired.
- Applicants should be well-versed in gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA analysis and software for sequence analysis. Knowledge of running restriction digests, agarose gels and analyzing data is a must.
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments.
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is desirable. Experience working within a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment is highly advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to design experiments independently and document key information in report formats.
- The successful candidate will be bringing ideas to life, and must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
- All candidates should possess clear communication and presentation skills and an ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team environment. Successful candidates will also be proficient in organising and managing their work and delivering results to established timelines.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a performance related bonus, and be eligible to join the company pension scheme.