The BIA Regulatory Affairs Advisory Committee (RAAC) supports the key objectives of our regulatory affairs activity and provides the opportunity for BIA members to contribute to its agenda.
The joint BIA/MHRA conferences supported by the committee have been particularly well-received, bringing in globally recognised speakers to discuss and debate key regulatory policy issues for the life sciences sector.
- Act as a platform to bring together regulatory affairs and other functional representatives from the BIA community and use RAAC as a forum for engagement with UK regulators and key stakeholders – proposal for cross committee working group on ILAP
- Develop BIA relationships with other regulators and trade associations on key regulatory topics of interest to members
- Support preparation and delivery of the 2022 BIA-MHRA Regulatory Conference
- Develop aligned BIA positions on key issues including the UK regulatory and clinical trials system post-standstill period, ILAP integration with HTA, evidence improvements to regulatory practices
3. Expert Advice
- Support BIA policy and engagement with the UK Government in shaping the UK's new regulatory framework and MHRA's future role as part of the UK innovation ecosystem and at a global level