BIA announces a series of Brexit "Business Readiness" events to help life sciences SMEs prepare for a no-deal Brexit
The BIA will be holding and supporting consortia events across the United Kingdom (UK), including at the UK Bioscience Forum in London on October 17 and regional events in Oxford, Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Cardiff. The BIA’s popular monthly Brexit webinar briefings will instead be transformed into weekly briefings, giving companies up to date government guidance and advice on Brexit preparedness and allow peer to peer discussion and feedback. The webinars will begin this Friday on 27 September.
Steve Bates OBE, CEO of the BIA said: “The UK life sciences sector in conjunction with the Department of Health, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and NHS have been developing stockpiles, expediting batch releases and determining alternative routing plans.
“However, with weeks to go till a possible no-deal Brexit we are aware of a wide range of life sciences companies (particularly SMEs) who require more information on what a possible no-deal Brexit means for their company. The BIA is significantly expanding its outreach and support to these companies to ensure they are ready for October 31.
“The Government has repeated its intention to leave the European Union on October 31 with or without a deal and despite Parliament’s recent actions, it would be unwise for companies to assume that a no-deal Brexit has now been ruled out.”
The issues companies are likely to raise include:
Please see below the full list of events the BIA will be holding in relation to Brexit preparedness:
– ENDS –
Notes to Editors
1. The BIA will be regularly updating its Brexit portal with new events and information, from both the BIA and from consortia organisations. Please follow this link to the Brexit portal.
2. For further information please contact Jack Fellows, Communications and Media Manager at the BIA on 02076302196 or email@example.com
3. The BIA is receiving funding for this programme of work from the Government’s Brexit Readiness Fund which will give the BIA extra resources to communicate Brexit preparedness to UK companies.
4. Bionow events below:
- Liverpool event, Thursday 10th October from 9:30 until midday at RSM, 20 Chapel St, Liverpool L3 9AG
- Manchester event, Tuesday 8th October from 9.30am until midday at Marks & Clerk, 1 New York St, Manchester M1 4HD
- Leeds event, Monday 7th October from 1.30pm until 4pm at Mills & Reeve, 1 City Square, Leeds LS1 2ES
- Newcastle event, Wednesday 9th October from 1.30pm until 4pm at The Biosphere, Draymans Way Newcastle Helix, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5BX