MMIP Update: Wednesday 23 August
The Technology and Innovation Road Map
MMIP has launched its Technology and Innovation Road Map. This makes recommendations to protect and grow UK medicines manufacturing in order to maintain the UK’s leading position in an increasingly competitive global landscape. Specifically, it calls for strategic investment in complementary technology centres, funded through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
New Cogent work experience guides
Cogent Skills, with the support of the Medicines Manufacturing Industry Partnership have developed a work experience toolkit for employers that are looking to take on young people, particularly in the form of Apprenticeships and Industrial Placements. The toolkit provides a structure to allow the young person to receive maximum benefit from their time with the employer.
Richard Turner, who leads FTI Consulting’s life sciences practice, writes about the MMIP’s fiscal paper which demonstrates the attractiveness of the UK tax environment for medicines manufacturing.
Life Sciences Industrial Strategy
We are expecting to see the publication of the Life Sciences Industrial Strategy in the coming weeks. MMIP has fed heavily into the manufacturing sections of this strategy.
New MMIP promotional materials
Coming to a conference near you soon, the MMIP has developed branded pens and USB credit-card drives.
- BioIndustry Association
A summary of funding opportunities is available on the BIA website.
- KTN Vaccines Development and Manufacture: 6 September, London
- Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing 2017: 11 – 13 September, London
- Chemistry and Industrial Biotechnology: Enabling growth in UK supply chains: 20 – 21 September, York
- Translational Medicine: 24 – 26 September, Prague
- BIO Europe: 6 – 8 October, Berlin
- UK Bioscience Forum 2017: 12 October, London
- World HealthEx Forum: 13 – 14 November, London
- Pharma Integrates Conference: 15 November, London
- BioProcess UK Conference: 29/30 November, Cardiff
- High potency ADCs – from discovery to the clinic: 11 December, Cambridge (hosted by KTN, no website yet)
Please contact us at MMIP@bioindustry.org or join our LinkedIn group at http://bia.me/MMIP_LinkedIn. View the KTN’s medicines manufacturing landscape map here. If you have any colleagues you feel would be interested in learning more about the work of MMIP then please ask them to get in touch with us or sign up to our mailing list here.