Who will read my blog?
It is essential to consider your audience when writing a blog so that the content resonates with the reader. The BIA community consists of a wide range of innovative life sciences and biotech companies, as well as industry stakeholders including government, policymakers, professional bodies and journalists in the UK and beyond.
All blogs are published in the blog section of the BIA website. Our website is visited by 172,000 users, generating 465,000 page views annually from across the UK (44%), United States (20%), Europe (16%), China (7%) and India (4%).
Guest blogs are often featured in our e-news - Newscast, with nearly 10,000 subscribers, and Member Insights reserved exclusively for BIA members with over 4,000 recipients.
How should I write my blog?
Popular guest blog topics address subjects that appeal to our audience, we welcome topics surrounding access to medicines, finance/tax investment, overarching political issues, techbio, pre-clinical and clinical research, manufacturing, strategic technologies, regulatory landscapes, skills, diversity and more!
- Address a clear and compelling subject: having a punchy headline and introduction will grab the reader’s attention.
- Explain the subject to the reader: some readers will be interested in the minutiae of the issues and will require an in-depth explanation. Using hyperlinks to other blogs, articles, reports, websites, or briefings that have this detail will be beneficial.
- Explain your connection to the topic: blogging is often a more personal form of writing, connect with your audience by demonstrating your link to and expertise on the blog’s content.
- Include images and visuals: images can be very useful in helping you tell a story or explain a concept, so try to include at least one or two photos or images. Please ensure you have the right to use these photos to avoid copyright infringement.
- Provide a headshot of the author: having a headshot-like photo of yourself is also important. The author's photo helps readers connect with you. It needs to be professional, clean, and actually looks like you. If readers know what you look like, they can find you at events.
- Be concise: between 500-800 words, or one/one and a half A4.
Please note that we do not accept any over-promotional blogs.
How do I submit my blog?
Please send your blog to Alina and Faustina at least five days before it is due to be published. This will give us an opportunity to proofread and come up with any suggestions we think may enhance your content.
View examples of guest blogs
- Meet BRAINCURES, the start-up tackling brain diseases
- Member Spotlight: Interview with SPARTA Biodiscovery
- Guest blog: Fiona Li reflects on 22nd Annual Parliament Day
- Working with the UK’s rich health data
- LeaP & PULSE | How the BIA supported Extracellular’s start-up journey
- Healx - Hunting new drugs with AI
- Ochre Bio - Love Your Liver Month
- NovaBiotocs - World Antimicrobial Awareness Week