BIA submission to the 2017 Autumn Budget
The BIA has submitted recommendations to HM Treasury for the 2017 Autumn Budget.
In this submission, the BIA:
- outlines the strength of the UK life sciences sector and provides data on recent investment
- raises concerns about the poterntial impact of MiFIDII on the sector
- highlights the value of venture capital tax incentives and makes recommendations for improvements
- highlights the value of R&D Tax Credits and makes recommendations for improvements
- proposes a range of policies to expand the specialist investors base in the UK
- welcomes proposals in the Patient Capital Review
- proposes an Investor Visa Fund
- proposes policies to support medicines manufacturing
The Autumn Budget will be published on 22 November 2017.