Women in Biotech mentoring
Applications for the Women in Biotech mentoring programme are closed.
Whether you are in the early stages of your career or C-suite level, we hope this programme will connect, support and inspire the incredible women in our sector.
We accept mentees from BIA member companies only. You are invited to nominate one mentee from your organisation to take part in the programme. If you are interested in applying for the programme as a mentee, please contact your BIA primary contact for consideration.
Member and non-member companies are welcome to put forward multiple mentors for the programme. The cohort will run from January 2024 until December 2024 for 12 months.
- All mentees must be a current employee of a BIA member company. Mentors can apply from member and non-member companies.
- Only one mentee per company may be submitted to the mentoring programme.
- Priority will be given to mentees from BIA corporate member companies with a headcount of 1-250.
- We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close applications early if we receive a large volume of applicants.
- Once you have submitted your application, BIA will review and if successful, you will be matched with a mentor.
- Please be aware that we are only able to facilitate a limited number of applicants approx. 30 pairs.
- For the pilot programme we are unable to accommodate individuals participating as both a mentor and a mentee.
BIA will act as a facilitator of this programme, assisting the match-making process and providing some guidance for the duration of the programme. It is the expectation that participants will be responsible for their own scheduling, meetings and actions. In particular, it is the responsibility of the mentee to keep organised throughout the process in order to maximise the opportunity and time with their assigned mentor.
BIA may at times request feedback from participants however BIA will not be monitoring each stage of the programme.
In the case where you are unsatisfied with your match for personal or professional reasons, BIA expects participants to initially work with their match to try to resolve the issue. If this is not possible and you would like to terminate the relationship, please contact BIA for assistance. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-match you with another participant.