Delivering significant savings for our members with the most competitive scheme of its kind in the UK
The BIA members benefit from significant savings thanks to our Business Solutions purchasing programme and discounted entry to the BIA and industry events and conferences, helping them to grow more cost-effectively.
Last year our members saved over £10 million on 7,000+ products across the lab and office supplies. In addition, they saved 1,800+ hours on procurement of research, project management, purchasing, specialist insurance, legal and quality services.
The BIA members often save well beyond their membership fee, providing great value and enabling them to spend money on progressing their companies.
Take advantage of BIA Business Solutions and start saving today!
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education and government, and advanced technologies and applied materials industries. Their portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research development and production activities in the industries they serve.
As the channel brand of Avantor®, VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimised for the way their customers do business. By partnering with the BIA, VWR has created a tailored business solutions programme that offers the BIA members exclusive access to contracted pricing from the leading distributors in life science research. By joining the programme, your organisation will become part of one of the largest and most effective purchasing programmes in the UK.
Here’s what VWR offers:
A highly qualified specialist team with dedicated Account Managers. Their staff have industry expertise, as well as the passion to collaborate with customers, helping them innovate and succeed. They have built a track record of supporting science from discovery to delivery.
A broad portfolio of their own quality, trusted brands as well as access to millions of other products so their customers get exactly what they need. VRM innovates in all areas - product, services, technology and digital tools - to offer its customers ever-increasing quality and choice.
- Analysis of your current laboratory spend to identify areas of immediate savings and feasible product substitutions. VWR also organise trials and evaluations.
BIA member benefit:
- Access to 1.5 million products from 5,000 different manufacturers.
- Virtual Warehousing stock reservation and batch management.
- New innovative products launched each year.
- Daily deliveries throughout the UK.
- Supplier management and third-party procurement.
- Electronic ordering and invoicing.
- On site services.
- Instrument calibration and validations.
- Change control process.
Here’s what Amici offers:
Amici will source and negotiate anything and everything for you.
In addition to the millions of pre-negotiated products already available through Amici, they have a sourcing team of scientific and purchasing experts who will find and negotiate anything and everything for you. Any supplier, any product – it’s all part of their unique service.
- Amici guarantees to save you money.
Amici’s group buying power means that they have access to pricing that individual customers do not. Amici is delighted that every single one of their customers saves money by joining!
- Amici works only for you.
They are passionate about their independence. Amici doesn’t bill suppliers or accept incentives! They are proud to be part of your team and act only on your behalf.
- Amici grows with you.
From start-up to publicly-traded organisation, Amici has a range of operational solutions available via a single platform that will support your growth.
BIA member benefit:
All of the above, plus access to additional BIA only discounts for VWR products.
Citeline (a Norstella Company) powers a full suite of complementary business intelligence offerings to meet the evolving needs of health science professionals to accelerate the connection of treatments to patients and patients to treatments. These patient-focused solutions and services deliver and analyze data used to drive clinical, commercial, and regulatory related-decisions and create real-world opportunities for growth.
Our global teams of analysts, journalists and consultants keep their fingers on the pulse of the pharmaceutical, biomedical and medtech industries, with expert insights on key diseases, clinical trials, drug R&D and approvals, market forecasts and more.
Here’s what Citeline offers:
- Clinical Solutions
Citeline Clinical provides comprehensive real-time R&D intelligence to the life sciences industry, and features unmatched data collection of global clinical trials, vetted investigators, trial sites and drug development pipelines. Our content is curated by the industry’s largest team of expert analysts, making Citeline Clinical an unparalleled source of R&D intelligence on the market.
With over 180,000 users, our data support strategic decisions across the life cycle of both commercial and clinical drug development. Our analysts provide critical insight into the global clinical trial landscape, informing protocol design, study feasibility, enrollment benchmarking, site identification and selection. Our trial engagement solutions enhance efforts to raise trial awareness, educate HCPs and patients, and accelerate trial enrollment.
- Commercial Solutions
Citeline Commercial is powered by an interconnected network of journalists and analysts providing comprehensive pharmaceutical industry news and strategic insights into the global life sciences and biotechnology markets.
We transform scientific data into actionable information, enabling sponsors to forecast market potential and prioritize their portfolio by monitoring the competitive landscape, assessing risk and predicting clinical success. We’re the trusted adviser to a broad spectrum of the industry, including biopharma, biotechs, financial and professional services, CDMOs and CROs.
- Regulatory & Compliance Solutions
Citeline Regulatory & Compliance gives sponsors the information, tools and services they need to maintain clinical trial disclosure compliance, mitigate risk, increase transparency and safeguard their brand reputation.
Our Pink Sheet publication leads the industry in providing reliable insights and analysis of global regulatory policies and trends. TrialScope Disclose is the most widely trusted solution for clinical trial disclosure management. With TrialScope Atlas, sponsors can streamline disclosure by consolidating their regulatory requirements into a single automated dashboard. Our Disclosure Services include protocol registration, results disclosure, plain language summaries and redaction.
BIA Member Benefits:
As a proud and active member of the BIA, Citeline is delighted to extend an exclusive 15% discount to any new subscriptions, to all BIA members. This exclusive offer does not apply to existing subscriptions or any ongoing negotiations.
Citeline solutions are designed to help companies at every stage of the drug development lifecycle, to navigate the complex challenges that arise as a result of progressing an asset from idea to marketed product.
Partner with experts who deeply understand your markets and your needs and benefit from:
- Trusted Partner
Need outside expertise? Lack available staff? Want an objective perspective? We’re with you every step of the way to deliver tailored, actionable, and flexible solutions. Most of the top 50 pharma/biotech organizations are our clients.
- Subject Matter Experts
Over 500 in-house analysts/ consultants and nearly 60 journalists supply comprehensive analysis and reports spanning drug, device, company, clinical trial, and market intelligence.
- Industry Experience
We have helped pharma, biotech, and life science clients make informed decisions across the clinical-regulatory-commercial continuum for over 20 years. Much of our staff have PhDs, MDs, or Master’s degrees, and/or have worked for pharma/biotech companies.
- Data & Technology Expertise
Our market-leading data assets, technology, capabilities, human intelligence, and extensive domain expertise are the clear differentiators enabling us to deliver unparalleled results to our clients.
- Ask the Analyst
Citeline subscribers have direct access to the team and their industry expertise through the “Ask the Analyst” service that is included in every Citeline subscription. Ask the Analyst is a highly valued service by customers because of the personalized support and rapid responses they receive to their critical questions to move their business forward.
ShareVault’s information security and sharing software platform enables organisations to protect, manage and share confidential information. With its competitively unique life science industry features, life science companies can use ShareVault throughout all their stages of growth.
Here’s what Sharevault’s software platform offers:
ShareVault’s robust security functions, granular access controls and detailed activity monitoring also mitigates the increasing risk of cyber security threats to prevent confidential data and document leakage and unauthorised access. Confidential information can be consolidated in a ShareVault centralized repository to create a protected “single source of truth” with secure connectors to SharePoint/Office365, Box, Dropbox, Google drive and integration with DocuSign for secure document review, approval and e-signature.
- Secure central repository: mitigate cyber security risks, information leakage, unauthorised access, consolidate information with connectors to BOX, DropBox, SharePoint/ Office365 and DocuSign.
- Business transaction due diligence: M&A, IPO, fund raise, asset sale, technology transfer, licensing.
- Collaboration and sharing: Partnering, vendors, service providers, CROs, CMOs, board members, scientific advisors.
- Audit and compliance: Unique support for eCTD regulatory submissions and eTMFs, inspection readiness, 21CFR11 and HIPAA compliance.
- Med Device regulatory and in the end audit FDA and regulatory audit and inspection 510(K), PMA document organisation, sharing and preparation.
- Remote clinical trial site monitoring: Reduces trial delays and disruption.
BIA member benefit:
- Minimum 25% discount for annual ShareVault PRO subscription; 30% discount for multi year ShareVault PRO subscription Connectors to Box, Dropbox, SharePoint, Office365, Google Drive at no cost.
- eCTD regulatory submission and eTMF (electronic Trial Master File) folder structure provided at no cost.
- Migration of documents and folder structure from other file sharing system at no cost.
- Low cost ShareVault for members of accelerator or incubator organisation.
Scientist.com provides value by reshaping the way that research organisations approach sourcing. By reducing the amount of time is takes to find and onboard the right suppliers whilst increasing average saving per project, the Scientist.com marketplace drastically simplifies R&D.
Here’s what Scientists.com offers:
- Reduced timelines through simplified sourcing.
- Competitive bids for every request.
- COMPLi®, an award-winning compliance tool.
- Expert assistance from the Research Concierge™ team.
- Dramatically reduced outsourcing costs.
- Access to the latest in scientific technology through the Innovation Hub™.
- Added market intelligence through ratings, badges and reporting.
- Management of all orders through one secure, online portal.
Since 2007, Scientist.com has worked on sourcing projects for researchers at almost every large pharmaceutical company and currently operates private marketplaces for 24 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical organisations, over 80 biotechnology companies and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the US.
BIA member benefit:
- Easy access through the BIA Marketplace
- Dedicated Marketplace Support
- Save 1/3 off all platform costs with your BIA membership
Enexus work with businesses nationwide to create a bespoke energy procurement strategy, assisting companies to save time, money and meet their business objectives.
Enexus is offering BIA members:
- A completely free, no obligation energy audit from one of our expert Energy Consultants (all of which have 10+ years industry experience as a minimum) - The findings of the audit will then allow us to put together a plan of action with the main collective goal being to save you time, money and carbon on your energy, whilst forming a bespoke energy procurement strategy in-line with your business goals.
- All members will receive their own dedicated Energy Account Manager, giving you complete peace of mind that your energy contracts are looked after by an industry expert and assured that they are receiving the best possible rates available at the time, with the right supplier and terms that suit your business objectives.
Viking supports BIA members' CSR agenda with a range of over 2,000 sustainable products delivered via carbon neutral logistics. Through its unique partnership with Nectar, organizations can donate to local charities or support employee welfare. BIA members can be confident in getting all they need from just one supplier, with next working day delivery on stocked items, free delivery on orders over £30, and a 30-day no-hassle returns policy.
BIA member benefit:
- Special negotiated framework prices on every day products
- Dedicated BIA Customer Service team
- No obligation workplace supplies audit by an industry expert
- Simple sign on process to BIA Framework online catalogue
- BIA member Buyers Guide
- Access to special BIA offers and promotions