Team Leader - Protein Sciences
The RxCelerate group of companies provides a platform for out-sourced drug discovery and development services and has a client base ranging from virtual biotech companies to some of the top 15 global pharmaceutical companies. We design and deliver complete drug development programmes from inception through to and including Phase II clinical studies. RxBiologics is a subsidiary of RxCelerate with a focus on delivery of biologics drug discovery work programmes. Our aim is to become the antibody drug developer of choice for the UK’s venture backed biotech start-ups and outsourced pharma projects.
RxBiologics currently has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to join us in developing our services, as we scale up to support our growing client base. This position is based within the RxBiologics team, working at the Babraham Research Campus, a leading site within the Cambridge biotechnology hub.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in antibody expression and purification from bacterial and mammalian systems. They will lead the implementation of robust processes for production and analysis of antibodies. In addition, they will design and produce antigens for discovery programmes in line with our clients’ requirements. This is a full-time, lab-based role with line management responsibilities. The successful candidate will have a pro-active approach, be an exceptional team-worker with the ability to work flexibly across functions and be able to mentor junior staff.
- Advancing in-house antibody expression, purification and analysis capabilities.
- Design of IgG, scFv, Fabs, and bispecifics expression constructs.
- Expression and purification of antigens, IgG, scFv, Fab, and bispecific antibodies from E.coli and mammalian cell systems.
- Characterisation of proteins using biochemical and biophysical methods.
- Provision of cross functional support.
- Line management and mentoring.
- Input into design of discovery projects
- Delivering client programmes to budget and timelines
- Presentation and reporting of work to project teams and external clients.
- Maintenance of experimental records and delivery of high-quality reports.
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years working in biologics drug discovery.
- Practical experience in the design of antibodies/antibody related formats with a broad knowledge of antibody conjugates and alternative scaffolds.
- Strong background in molecular biology.
- Expertise in optimising expression systems for production of scFv, Fab, IgG and antigens.
- Design of efficient bispecific antibody purification workflows through the use of affinity chromatography, SEC and IEX.
- Excellent understanding of biochemical and biophysical protein analysis techniques.
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to manage and mentor junior staff across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker able to influence project plans and contribute to the expansion of RxBiologics.
RxBiologics offers a competitive salary with an annual bonus scheme and company benefit package.
When applying for this role, please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th July 2021. Informal enquiries can be directed to this email address.
Only applicants based in the UK and EU need apply. This role does not qualify for international sponsorship.