• CRISPR-based screening technology platform to address critical gaps in target ID and validation
• Single cell RNAseq-linked pooled CRISPR screening offers high-quality screening data and biological insight
The BIA has successfully argued for a significant change in approach to the UK’s Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) manufacturing waiver. The BIA’s engagement with the Government was led by Andrew Hutchinson, Partner at Simmons and Simmons and member of the BIA’s Intellectual Property Advisory Committee (IPAC). Here he provides an update following the Government’s response to the consultation and publication of draft legislation.
The COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated the importance of science and the dedication of scientists in overcoming the challenges that we face. At Exploristics, we have been involved in multiple projects relating to the development of new treatments and diagnostics.
CPI, MicrofluidX and the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult (CGT Catapult) announced today their collaboration in a project to develop bioprocessing technology for the rapid scale-up of cell and gene therapies.
Progress towards the development of COVID-19 vaccines continues as the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult has stepped up to increase the UK’s capacity and capability to manufacture successful COVID-19 vaccines.
Today the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has awarded £100 million to fund a Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult Manufacturing Innovation Centre to accelerate production of a COVID-19 vaccine in the UK.
- New state-of-the-art centre to scale up COVID-19 vaccine and gene therapy manufacturing gets £100m investment
- Additional £4.7m for new training facilities and an online learning platform to boost vaccine as well as cell and gene therapy skills
- New centre and skills vital for the UK’s ability respond to diseases like coronavirus, and potential future pandemics