TWO businesses based in The Biosphere on Newcastle Helix have been awarded funding to accelerate their innovations to support the global fight against the COVID-19. Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency has awarded ExplantLab and Atelerix almost £50,000 each to fast track their ideas and research.
Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (Nasdaq: OXFD) (the “Company”), a global, high-growth diagnostics company, today announces the release of the T-SPOT Discovery SARS-CoV-2 test kit. This kit is for research use only and launched under the T-SPOT Discovery brand. This research kit could make a significant contribution towards development of a new tool to manage the COVID-19 pandemic, which in turn could help to bring nations out of their current lockdowns in a faster, safer and more controlled manner.
Locate Bio Ltd (“Locate”), an orthobiologics company pursuing multiple high value spinal opportunities, announced that John von Benecke has been appointed CEO to drive Locate’s lead program for spinal fusion and continue to build out its spinal pipeline.
• 70 sepsis risk genes identified from UK Biobank, 61% of which are present specifically in severe COVID-19 patients (‘COVID risk genes’)
• 13 ‘COVID risk genes’ identified as known druggable targets
• 59 compounds and drugs identified with potential for accelerated drug discovery (‘repurposing’)
• Study also offers potential for identifying COVID-19 high risk biomarkers
Coulter Partners was very pleased to partner recently with Saniona (OMX: SANION), a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on rare diseases, to secure the appointment of Rudolf Baumgartner, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer and Head of Clinical Development. Dr. Baumgartner brings more than 20 years of experience leading multiple pharmaceutical development programs from discovery through approval and launch, in both large and small pharmaceutical companies.
• OncoSpan range expanded to include FFPE and cfDNA formats to mimic solid tumors and liquid biopsy samples, respectively
• Cell-line derived reference standards offer an unlimited and reproducible resource to help ensure consistency during diagnostic assay workflows
Supporting the race for treatments new collaboration launched to drive understanding of COVID-19
Medicines Discovery Catapult, Retrogenix and Peak Proteins collaborate to identify target receptors for COVID-19